CDH Group is able to carry out a comprehensive compressed air audit for the air compressors and related equipment within your business.
Why carry out an air energy audit?
Compressed air accounts for a considerable percentage of total energy costs for industry in the UK. For the average business using compressed air, this is typically 12% of total energy consumption, but can be as high as 40% in some industries.
Even small issues such as minor leaks and heat loss can impact significantly on performance, resulting in reduced output and higher energy costs. Investing in a professional air energy audit can save money, help to monitor and control energy consumption, and reduce waste and costs as part of a Net Zero strategy.
The importance of ISO 11011 compliance
ISO 11011:2013 sets out the requirements for conducting and reporting the results of a compressed air system assessment, covering the entire system. This directive also sets the standards for analysing this data, from reporting to assessing potential energy savings.
All CDH assessment work is compliant with ISO11011 , the international standard governing the assessment and auditing of compressed air systems. This standard aims to encourage businesses to assess their compressed air systems using companies qualified to carry out energy assessments in line with the guidelines. Furthermore, implement remedial action to improve performance and reduce energy usage.
What do air energy audits demonstrate?
CDH Group commercial energy audits are designed to help ensure compressed air systems are operating to their best potential, using equipment appropriate for individual production processes. They are also designed to help businesses to understand and control their compressed air and energy usage and costs.
Air energy audits are designed to look at specific aspects of air usage, including:-
- Establishing existing usage and current costs
- Identifying areas for improvement
CDH Group air energy audits for business are bespoke to individual requirements.
What’s the process of a compressed air audit?
- Our engineers begin with a no-cost feasibility study to determine assessment requirements and to ensure the air energy audit matches the requirements of the business
- Detailed analysis using modern technologies is used to produce site-specific, real-time data on supply power, flow and pressure
- Detailed profiles are generated for every compressor including individual compressor utilisation and pressure characteristics data (peak and average pressures)
- Reports are produced detailing the annual running costs of each air compressor, showing productive and non-productive running costs (on load and off load)
What can you expect from an air energy audit?
Air energy audits give a detailed and reliable insight into compressed air system performance, establishing:-
- A comprehensive understanding of site air systems
- An overview of the demand profile
- A detailed insight into the current efficiency levels
- Identification of incorrectly specified or defective equipment and pipework
What will the report show?
Detailed reports will provide actionable recommendations for improvements and sustainable implementation plans optimised for current and future usage. This will ensure equipment operates in the most efficient and cost-effective way.
Additional services can be specified as part of an air energy audit:-
- Compressed Air Leak Detection surveys to ensure equipment achieves optimum performance
- Breathing air quality testing to test for contaminants including carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide and oil mist
- Air Quality Testing in line with HACCP requirements – particularly relevant for the food industry